10 random things.
January 30, 2010 § Leave a comment
1. The people here are seriously SO GORGEOUS it makes me feel like some small little ant. Think VOGUE, or TWILIGHT. they are everywhere. school, on the streets, shops, …
2. Kaya has never tasted so good.
3. Whoever who started packaging premix, you are a genius. we just tried prima taste’s nonya sambal sauce and it was awesome.
4. From what i have observed thus far, italians are surprisingly quite nice people. Haven’t encountered any racist ( hope not) and the shopkeepers are generally very polite and helpful.
5. Italian is a fun language to learn! Although i will prefer it if the teacher goes slower. Not a fast learner for languages. boo 😦
6. Italians are pretty environmentally friendly. We have to pay if we get plastic bags in supermarkets and our apartment has 3 different bins so that we can differentiate our rubbish – paper, plastic and cans.
7. I had my first gelato in italy on Thursday! (and it’s definitely not going to be the last)
8. There’s a street market near my apartment every tue and sat which pretty much has everything ( clothes, household items, fresh fruits and seafood,etc) just bought a pair of boots for 10 euros 🙂
9. Went for a fashion tour organized by the school. the guide was great but it was too cold to even take photos 😦
10. I’m going for my first aperitivo later!